Community and Home Support for Refugee women
Muslim Women’s Association of South Australia provides settlement support for Muslim women in South Australia. Our programs aims to encourage social participation, economic wellbeing, personal wellbeing, independence and community connectedness.
Our Settlement Engagement and Transition Support (SETS) program services facilitates pathways to learning English, education and employment readiness. Our services aim to help clients transition smoothly to life in Australia and equip them with the skills to be socially active and independent members of the community.
Our SETS Initiatives
- Group sessions on relavent topics to suit the needs of clients
- Casework and referral services to increase client’s knowledge in accessing appropriate and relevant services
- Employment workshops include English Conversational Classes through cooking leading to work experience/volunteering opportunities
- Parenting programs aimed at strengthening intergenerational relationships and offer parenting support to strengthen their parenting skills
- Youth settlement services for young women to develop confidence, leadership skills and social wellbeing
To be eligible for this program, client must be on a Humanitarian visa and has stayed in Australia for less than 5 years.