MWASA provides settlement support for eligible Muslim women and youth to promote personal well-being, independence and community connectedness. These services also facilitate pathways to learning English, education and employment readiness.
Our SGP programs are funded by the Department of Social Services and is eligible for Muslim women and youth who have been in Australia on a Humanitarian visa for less than 5 years.
- Group sessions on relevant topics to suit the needs of clients
- Casework and referral services to increase clients’ knowledge in accessing appropriate and relevant services
- Parenting programs that focus on developing women’s understanding of parenting in Australia, with initiatives to promote healthy relationships between mothers and their children
- Youth settlement services for young women to develop confidence, leadership skills and social well being
- Programs are conducted in an Islamic ambience