POSITION: PROJECT OFFICER
The Project Officer provides service and care to MWASA clients from refugee and CALD backgrounds. We are looking for a mature professional who is competent, friendly and service-oriented.
The role is best suited to those who would like to contribute to the community through part-time work.
20 hours a week.
$23-26 per hour depending on relevant skills and experience.
- Manage project from work plan to implementation as well as preparation of project acquittal.
- Provide service to clients over the phone and face to face, conduct assessments, arrange relevant referrals and run programs.
- Increase client recruitment, development and satisfaction.
- Write detailed reports and prepare submissions to funding bodies and to management.
- Establish good communication and teamwork among staff, and with clients and volunteers.
- Ensure MWA policies, and health and safety protocols are implemented in areas of responsibility.
- Provide support for MWA events and general duties as assigned.
- Track record in assisting and working well with people from various backgrounds and nationalities
- Initiative to carry out programs and solve problems to meet requirements with minimum supervision
- At least one, or preferably more, of the following:
- training or experience in social work or counselling
- experience in preparing grant applications or running programs to meet funding requirements
- able to speak one of these languages – Dari, Arabic or Uyghur
- substantial experience in customer service or volunteering
- Good written, verbal and communication skills
- Attention to detail, strong time management skills and confident using at least Microsoft Word , Excel spreadsheet and PowerPoint presentation
- Able to perform with integrity, tact and strict confidentiality
- Able to work a few hours on weekday nights or weekends 1-2 times a month
Expression of interest to be submitted to Admin Officer email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 11 December 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.