Over the years, MWASA has become a strong and active group catering to the social, educational, religious and recreational needs of Muslim women living in South Australia.
With a membership of over 300 women and their families, MWASA provides an essential support network to the Muslim community.
Our services in a glance:
- Settlement services for newly arrived Muslim women and their families
- Youth programs to build confidence and develop leadership skills
- Basic and Intermediate English classes and Computing classes
- Cross-cultural training for individuals, service providers, schools and community groups
- Coordination, recruitment and training of volunteers
- Study circles, support group and Quran classes
- Casework service
- Community and home support for seniors
- Referrals to mainstream agencies
- Referrals to Muslim doctors, Imams and other professionals