Providing an essential support network for the Muslim community
Muslim Women’s Association of South Australia (MWASA) is a diverse group of individuals based in Adelaide who are committed enriching the lives of the Muslim women community in South Australia.
As a not-for-profit organisation, MWASA has diligently served for the social, educational, religious and recreational needs of Muslim women and their families in South Australia for over 25 years. Our services and programs aim to bring together communities and build on their strength.
With a membership of over 300 women and their families, MWASA thrives to provide an essential support network to the South Australian Muslim community.
Our services and programs at a glance:
- Settlement, Engagement and Transition Support (SETS) tailored for newly arrived Muslim refugees and their families including casework services and referrals to mainstream agencies
- Commonwealth and Home Support Program (CHSP) for seniors aged 65 and above
- Adult community Education (ACE) offering English for Work, Numeracy and Digital Literacy classes
- Cross-cultural training for individuals, service providers, schools and community groups
- Study circles, support groups and Quran classes to nuture spiritual growth and fostering communal bonds.
Noor Azidah Abdul Aziz
management committee member
Foundation skills Manager
Lily Sulastri Yahya
Malikazat Ghayrat & Maria Rohany
Maria Rohany & Khadija Alhaj
Cross Culture Education Officer
Social Media & marketing ASSISTANT
Siti Sarah Nabilah Rozali
foundation skills tutors
Banafsha Alkhalili & Bushra Bassam